IT’S YOUR CAREER.
BE PURPOSE DRIVEN.
At Nussbaum, every single employee helps to move our company forward. Together, we create strong, lasting relationships with our customers & each other.
We are always seeking skilled, professional drivers to expand our family. Keep scrolling to learn more about driving at Nussbaum, what you could earn, and how we can help you make the switch with our $5,000 transition bonus.
Faith & Family are what drive us.
Faith, family, and fun (at work). It doesn’t get any more foundational than this, and we look at how each of these work with every decision we make. Read More
Transparency builds trust. Because of this, we have a “no surprises” recruiting philosophy, scheduled driver reviews and an open-door policy that keeps us moving forward.
We are relationship-driven and treat people with respect. While we have high expectations for our drivers, we also work to put ourselves in your shoes.
We balance consistency with flexibility. Running a successful trucking operation requires structure, but we also know that smart processes and programs need to be applied with common sense and flexibility.
We take care of our drivers.
Weekly Home Time
Our goal is to get you home WEEKLY. On average, our OTR drivers miss six weekends a year. We want your marriages and families to come first.
Trucking is an unpredictable job, but our guaranteed weekly pay minimum is designed to give you peace-of-mind. We don’t want you to ever worry about when your next paycheck will be.
Nussbaum is at the cutting-edge of industry equipment innovations – meaning our drivers have fewer issues on the road.
Mentoring Program & Performance Reviews
All drivers go through our Driver Mentoring Program – which helps implement safe driving habits, save fuel and make more money through our bonus program.
We don’t think twice about paying top dollar for drivers:
Drivers can earn $65K- $75K in the first year depending on experience
Over $83K average annual earnings for our Top 20%
The National Transportation Institute (NTI) designated Nussbaum’s total pay package as “Top Paying.”
$5,000 Transition Bonus
Switching to a new company can be difficult and we want to make that transition as seamless as possible. That’s why we are currently offering a $5,000 transition bonus for over-the-road drivers, paid out in three stages. You’ll get $1,500 after you haul your first load, then another $1,500 after three months, and a final $2,000 after six months.
It pays to drive with Nussbaum.
- Starting pay is based on your experience & location.
- Reach your full pay tier within 1-4 years.
- Earn $65,000 to $75,000 in the first year.
Established Nussbaum drivers can earn $73,000-$83,000 per year. Drivers willing to run hard and excel in our bonus program can exceed $83,000 per year.
Door-To-Door “Practical Miles” Pay
Door-to-Door Practical Miles are approximately 4-5% higher than zip-to-zip Short Miles (the equivalent of $0.02/mile). You get paid for more miles each week and see more money in each paycheck!
Pay for the work you do, not just the miles you drive.
- Pick Up Pay – $17 for initial pick up of a load.
- Delivery Pay – $17 for final delivery on a load.
- Trailer Relay Pay – $10 for trailer swap when splitting a load with another driver.
- Trailer Shuttle Pay – $10 for empty trailer moves when no pick up and/or delivery of any load occurs at the locations.
More than the Mile Pay.
- Unloading pay
- Stop off pay
- Additional pay for short-haul loads
- Detention pay (starts after only 1 hour!)
- Reimbursement for Paid Parking
- Breakdown & layover pay
- East coast premium
- Per diem allowances
- All loaded and empty miles paid
- Weekly pay & direct deposit
Taking care of you and your family.
Our health insurance, 401k match, and PTO package are well above average in the trucking industry.
- Major medical health benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Short-term disability benefits
- Rider program
- Life insurance policy
Paid Time Off & Holidays
- $230/day for vacation, personal time, and holidays.
- Holiday pay kicks in after 30 days of employment
- 1 week of vacation time after 1 year of employment
- 2 weeks of vacation time after 3 years of employment
- 3 weeks of vacation time after 8 years of employment
- 401(k) retirement program
- 401(k) match: Available from your first paycheck.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
You're in the bonus.
Driver Excelerator Bonus Program
Drivers performing at higher levels do not go unnoticed or uncompensated at Nussbaum. In addition to your pay-per-mile income, you can earn even more with our industry-leading, pay-for-performance bonus program – Driver Excelerator. With Driver Excelerator, we use scorecards that represent four distinct areas – safety, habits, operations and maintenance.
Our average bonus payout is around $0.035/mile extra. We spot new hires $0.03/mile. Top performers get up to $0.07 – $0.08 extra per mile. That translates into over $6,000 in additional earnings a year.