- Job Type: Full-Time
- Listing Status: Active
- Date Posted: 2021-04-21 01:38
Shop After Hours Service Writer / Breakdown Coordinator
– The shift would be Monday through Friday from 3:30 p.m. through 12 a.m. and will work in the Shop Office.
– The Shop anticipates a 2 to 3-month training period on day shift before moving the person to evenings. Hours during this training period will be 7:00 a.m. through 4:30 p.m.
This desired person will perform the following functions:
- Act as a Service Writer to check-in drivers and coordinate evening Shop work with Lead person(s).
- Act as the Shop On Call person during evening hours for breakdowns. This will also reduce costs from FleetNet (current breakdown service supplier) and should reduce driver complaints from dealing with a third-party coordinator.
- Will track work scheduled and completed and work with evening shift Lead person to assign work for early day shift techs.
- Will allow drivers to call in after-hours for scheduling PMs while on the road during evening hours.
Applicants for this position are preferred to meet the following requirements
- one or more years of experience working as a service writer or like position
- knowledge of trucks and trailers
- Ability to work on a computer and on a phone for long periods of time
- Solid communication skills
- one or more years as a diesel mechanic and willingness to take an office position.
Submit the form below to let us know you are intierested in this position and send us your resume.