- Job Type: Full-Time
- Listing Status: Filled
- Date Posted: 2021-04-21 01:38
Shop 2nd Shift Service Writer / Breakdown Coordinator
– The shift will be Monday through Friday from 3:30 p.m. through 12 a.m. and will work in the Shop Office.
– The Shop anticipates a 2- to 3-month training period on the day shift before moving the person to evenings. Hours during this training period will be 7 a.m. through 4:30 p.m.
The desired person will perform the following functions:
- Act as a Service Writer to check-in drivers and coordinate evening Shop work with Lead Person(s).
- Act as the Shop On-Call person during evening hours for breakdowns. This will also reduce costs from FleetNet (our current breakdown service supplier) and reduce driver complaints from dealing with a third-party coordinator.
- Track work scheduled and completed and work with evening shift Lead Person to assign work for early day shift techs.
- Allow drivers to call in after-hours for scheduling PMs while on the road during evening hours.
Applicants for this position are preferred to meet the following requirements
- One or more years of experience working as a service writer or like position
- Knowledge of trucks and trailers
- Ability to work on a computer and the phone for long periods of time
- Solid communication skills
- One or more years as a diesel mechanic and willingness to take an office position
Submit the form below to let us know you are interested in this position and send us your resume.