- Job Type: Full-Time
- Listing Status: Filled
- Date Posted: 2022-08-18 07:00
Nussbaum is seeking to add a Fleet Planner to our operations department. In this role, you will plan driver loads, ensure efficiency and on-time delivery, and maintain communication flow between the various groups in operations. Your primary objective is to plan loads that maximize the driver experience and Nussbaum’s profitability.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, possesses strong critical thinking skills, is able to multi-task (within reason), and enjoys working closely with a team.
At Nussbaum, our vision is to be purpose-driven in everything we do. We want to positively impact our drivers, employees, customers, partners, and those we meet along the way. This means we do more than just “show up.” As employee-owners, we own our actions and take a personal stake in our company’s success. We lead with faith and integrity. We put people and family first. It’s at our core, and it’s the reason so many people love coming to work here each day. Are you ready to join us?
- Plan loads for approximately 60 drivers
- Work with another fleet planner and two driver managers to maximize the driver experience
- Ensure on time delivery, efficiency, and the selection of loads that balance profitability with the driver’s needs and preferences
- Balance load capacity with drivers’ hours-of-service capacity
- Effectively communicate with other Nussbaum departments (Customer Account Coordinators, Driver Managers, Regional Planners, the shop, and HR/Safety).
- Full-time position
- Monday-Friday; 7am-430pm
- Location: Corporate Offices – 19336 N. 1425 East Rd., Hudson, IL 61748
- Full insurance benefits – health, dental, vision, short-term life, and disability
- 401(k) company-match
- Escalating PTO and Paid Holidays
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – a company-funded supplemental retirement benefit in addition to the 401(k)
- Flexible Spend Account options for healthcare and child daycare
- Professional development opportunities
Desired Soft Skills
- Strong communication skills
- Team player – able to interact well with others, respectful, gives/receives feedback with grace and honesty.
- Self-motivated – identifies new opportunities and takes initiative to solve problems
- Desire for continual learning – always looking to grow, both personally and professionally
Desired Hard Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Outlook)
- Phone skills (talking with drivers, answering questions)
- Able to multi-task (within reason)
- Problem solving/critical thinking skills
- Creativity, out-of-the-box thinking
- Basic math skills (for the purpose of calculating HOS and understanding financial data)
- Able to quickly recall information about customers and freight network
Submit the form below to let us know you are interested in this position and send us your resume.