What to bring to orientation:
- Social Security Card
- Driver’s License
- Logs – logs must be filled out for previous 7 days. If you were driving for another company please bring a copy of your logs for that time.
- Our drivers are asked to sign off on their previous 10 years of employment given on their application. Be prepared to update the application if there are any gaps of employment.
- Any gear/supplies you need to be ready to move into your truck at the end of orientation
- Have any tools and gloves you need to perform a pre-trip inspection. You will be conducting a pre-trip inspection on day one of orientation.
- Please feel free to dress casual for orientation. Shorts/Jeans are acceptable.
- Please no sleeveless shirts or apparel with foul or inappropriate wording or pictures/artwork.
- Nussbaum is a smoke free workplace. Smoking is only permitted in the designated, outdoor location near the driver’s parking lot.
Unless otherwise instructed, orientation will be held Monday - Wednesday. Please be prepared to begin promptly at 7:30 Monday morning. Lunch will be provided for you each day. You can plan to move into your truck on Day 3 and head out with your first dispatch on Day 4.
Schedule is subject to change.
- Have past seven days of logs
- BOL’s | Paperwork | Transflo
- Permits/Tolls/Registration Binders
- Pay & Settlement Sheets
- Introduction to SmartDrive
- 401(K) Plan Overview
- Drug Screen & Physical
- ROAD TEST (Be prepared with gloves and flashlight for pre-tip inspection)
- Insurance Benefits
- Uniform Orders
- Load Assignments
- Truck Orientation
- Skills Training and Practical Applications
- Final Wrap-up
- Head Out with Your First Dispatch Assignment